Spending quality time with the person you love is very important regardless whether you’re in a long or close distance relationship.
Although the choice of things you can do together in a long distance relationship is a little more limited than a close distance ones, there are still many ways that you can spend your quality time together and deepened your bond. Thanks to the current advance technology!
Here are 5 things to do in long distance relationship: (will update more in the future!)
1) Play Online Game
This is my personal favorite to spend quality time together because it engages you two to do some actions together and grow together as a couple.
There are many games out there that the two of you can choose, depending on what kind of game theme do you prefer. If you prefer a mellow game that can challenge each other like Scrabble by Electronic Arts.
Personally, I prefer games like:
- PUBG (Player’s Unknown Battleground) by Tencent
- Heroes Evolved by Reality Squared Games
and other MOBA games like Mobile legend and AOV because it is more engaging, like the two of you would have to work together as a team to win the game. Thus, it makes quality time more meaningful and fun! At the same time, you can also play this game together with your friends. Making the two of you have social life too instead of just being dependent to one another which is no good in long term run.
If you two have more spare times, then you can go for a MMORPG or RPG games too where the two of you can create your own character, grind to level up and do team quest together. Some of the latest game now can allow your character to marry in-game too and have couple quest to achieve.
We used to go for MMORPG or RPG games but we stop this for now since we’re both busy with life in general.
This one may sound simple things but it is actually very important for you two to deepen your bond as a couple.
Doing things together doesn’t just mean it has to be action pack only. You have to talk with each other so you can get to know more with each other.
Ask each other meaningful questions like:
- Life goal – Like do you have a goal that you want to achieve?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Like do you plan to get promoted in your work or expand your business or achieve in some charity event.
- What is your view about family? Since this is about relationship, are the two of you ready to go to the next step.
(I will update more about meaningful questions to ask your partner in upcoming future post!)
3) Video Call / Call
This may sounds typical things that you can do together in a long distance relationship but instead of just calling each other just to talk and see each other faces. The two of you can get creative like:
- One person plays the guitar, piano or other musical instrument and sing a romantic song or favorite song to the other. You can even sing together!
- Watch a movie together at the same time while video calling
- Exercise together to keep each other fit and in check. Do a simple one like challenge each other how many sets of jumping jacks, push up, sit up that he or she has to do.
Basically, when the two of you call each other, don’t limit yourself. Think outside the box like even showing each other the beautiful city you live in and weather!
4) Achieve a Couple Goal in Long Distance Way
Challenge each other in daily life routine or in anything that you two want to achieve. Instead of telling your partner what he should do to improve himself with life or health, why not do it together so both of you can improve as a duo and keep each other accountable. This is one of the subtle way to improve the bond between each other.
Things that you two can achieve in a long distance way can be like:
- Create an exercise plan together that both of you can do together to keep healthy or lose a certain amount of weight.
- Do a good deed challenge like going to do charity work at the same time in your respective cities.
Being a couple doesn’t mean that it only have to be about the two of you. Pushing each other to become a better person and contributing to the community together will make you two feel that there is a better purpose in life.
5) Plan a Meet Up and Travel Together
This is one of my personal favorite in things that you can do as a long distance relationship couple. It is fun and you get to meet your love one again physically and not just from your computer or phone screen.
Spend a time together to talk about this like where would you want to go and how many days can you travel together. Plan it out properly so it won’t be a disaster when the meet-up date arrive!
Things you should consider in planning a meet up are:
- Budget: like how much can the two of you afford for the trip.
- Where to go? Depending on your budget, you can narrow the places that you two can travel and explore together.
- When and how many days? If the two or either of you are working, then you should consider how many days of leave can you take, or if you are student, when will be the holiday that you two can meet.
- What do you want to do in the meet up? Do you want it to be an adventurous or explore the nature or the romantic style in the city with candle light dinner?
Plan properly several months ahead so the two of you can start saving up every month if you need to make this trip work.
For me personally, I would prefer a trip where we travel to a smaller city and explore the beauty of the nature like the beach, ocean or green floral view.
The most important note in what are the things to do in a long distance relationship is that make sure that the two of you do things together to spend your precious quality time as a couple. The things that are listed here like play the same game together, text, video call, set a goal to achieve together and plan a meet up and travel together. All of these of the element of not leaving the other behind and regardless of the distance, you can still do thing together.
I hope this post helps you! If you have any experience and things you personally do together with your partner, feel free to drop it at the comment section below.
You can also comment a suggestion that you would like me to write. I will gladly do so if it can help those who needs it!